Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Our Christmas Stockings

I think my Mom is nesting more than I am. I can't count how many projects she's been working on since finding out I was pregnant. It makes me so excited to watch all her creations come to life!


I haven't purchased stockings for Travis and I in our home yet. My mom was up for the challenge of making our whole family stockings for Christmas this year! We picked out the colors together and she started them this summer. I think they've been hanging up on her mantel for months now. It's funny to see "Mom" and "Dad" written on something and know they are Travis and mine and not our own parents. The little one on the right is Mowgli's and baby boy's is the one with the blue toe (in case you couldn't tell). His name isn't on there quite yet.

Baby does have a name! Actually, this baby's name has been picked out for years. Girl names were really easy for us to agree on and we liked a lot of them. We've really only been able to agree on this one boy name. It's been at the top of my "list" since college. I brought it up to Travis when we were either engaged or newly married and he loved it. We've tried to come up with other names for options or back-ups but we just don't seem to like any other as well. So, his name is pretty well set. We've been calling him by name since our ultrasound when we saw he was a BOY!

5 comments:

Katie R. September 21, 2011 at 7:06 AM  

Oh I love this:) So excited for all of you!!!

Becky Bartlett September 21, 2011 at 8:04 AM  

How fun!!!!

Kris Hoskinson September 21, 2011 at 9:19 PM  

FUN!!!! excited to hear this name!

LindaAlex September 22, 2011 at 7:12 PM  

I LOVED making the stockings and I am excited to see them at your house in December.

Anonymous September 23, 2011 at 2:26 PM  

The stockings are really cool~~Love the reflection of Mowgli in the fireplace too!!
Ann

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP