Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Our baby bump

Sometimes it's still hard for me to believe that we are here. We are so very close to welcoming our son into the world. I feel like this is the moment I've waited for my whole life, cheesy I know, but I've been wanting to be a mommy since I was a little girl.



I've absolutely loved being pregnant. I feel like I've had a relatively easy pregnancy. There have certainly been some unpleasant and scary moments, but I feel great and have enjoyed this growing belly. I often sit around at night with my belly exposed. I love feeling his strong movements and love getting to watch him roll under my skin. I can't wait to hold him, but think I may miss feeling him inside me.


I tend to hear the same comments and questions every single day... even from the same people sometimes! When people hear our due date is the end of the year, the number one thing they comment about is a tax deduction. I couldn't care less if we get a tax deduction, but I guess everyone else is rooting for him to be born in 2011. I've also been really surprised at other's strong opinion to whether or not we should have found out the gender of our babe. I can't quite wrap my head around why some think that one decision is the only way to go. I strongly think there is not a right or wrong choice in this. We LOVE knowing we are having a boy, but I think it's very cool to find out in the delivery room too!

I can't wait to watch Travis be a Daddy. These past 8-9 months have been the best months in our marriage. We have grown so much closer and have really gained a deeper appreciation for each other. I've never felt so loved and cherished by him than I have while carrying his child. I'm pretty excited to be on this journey together.


I'm super frugal, and still have been when shopping for this baby. BUT, I have LOVED shopping for this baby! Everything I buy feels special to me and I could gaze around his room all day. I know you're not supposed to buy clothes because you get a lot of those for gifts, but I can't help myself. I really enjoy shopping for sleepers and soft things in general.


I know that you love your children more than you ever imagined. I didn't realize that I would love this little one so much before I even met him. We are so thankful for this blessing and not a moment goes by that I don't appreciate it.

That's the blanket that my mom knit for our baby. I have yet to give it it's own special photo shoot, but I'm sure it will be in LOTS of pictures in the years to come.

10 comments:

Kelsey November 22, 2011 at 7:16 AM  

GORGEOUS! I can't wait until that baby bump comes into this world. Love you guys!

Becky Bartlett November 22, 2011 at 9:43 AM  

Hooray!! Still so excited about this little man! Make sure you include me in a text after he arrives!! :) You'll be such a fantastic mommy!!

Anonymous November 22, 2011 at 10:17 AM  

These pictures are beautiful. You are such a gorgeous mama!!! So happy for you and Travis. The love between you two is so amazing & inspiring. It was great to see your glowing face the other day. Can't wait to meet this little guy!!!!:)
Good luck!
Nick, Angelina, Aliviah & Fonzy Lingua

Andrea November 22, 2011 at 1:05 PM  

These are great pics and I love all the commentary. You guys will be outstanding parents :)

Kris Hoskinson November 22, 2011 at 2:50 PM  

love love love these pics and the post. you made me teary eyed:)

Kim R November 22, 2011 at 8:53 PM  

Beautiful pictures and a beautiful family:) So happy for you guys!

Anonymous November 22, 2011 at 9:33 PM  

I LOVE your belly photos Ashley--you are an absolutely RADIANT beauty!! I'm so excited for you guys!!! Can't wait to meet the little guy!!
Take Care--Deb Kingland

Anonymous November 25, 2011 at 3:35 PM  

LOVE ALL THE PICTURES!!! You both look amazing! can't wait to meet my first nephew!!
callie

b+k November 29, 2011 at 1:19 PM  

YAY! The day this came out, I had just been thinking about how I wanted to see some professional photos of travis and your lovely babylicious self. you guys look fantastic, and i'm so excited to meet your little man!

LindaAlex December 1, 2011 at 6:20 PM  

Have you noticed that I haven't even mentioned that you haven't posted for over a week?? That's because I just love looking at these photos of your growing family; your growing belly and growing son! LOVE seeing these!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP