Tuesday, March 22, 2011

a crazy year

This has been a crazy year for me. I went back and read some of my blog posts from this time last year.




Sometimes I still can't believe I had the guts to just up and quit my "steady income" job! It's been a great year, and wanted to write down some of my thoughts about it. The best part about this year was making my own schedule! It felt so liberating to get to decide when I start working and stop working.

I'm proud that I overcame the "haters" around me. The majority of people I have chosen to surround myself with are so encouraging, but of course there were and still are some people who don't like or support my decision to leave architecture. I spent a very long time worrying what they would think and coming up with arguments to back up my choice. Of course they thought I had wasted time and money by leaving a degree it took me a long time to achieve. Or that I was lazy and didn't just buck up and go to work. I'm not making this about justifying myself, but instead just doing what I know was right for both Travis and me.

One of the best things I did for myself was join the YMCA. I was not a workout person... at all! I'm still not sure I technically am. But I do try to go to the Y every week day and most of the time enjoy it. I take classes two days out of the week, yoga and a cardio class. I really enjoy the classes and having the structure. Plus at the Y, they are free with your membership :) I find that I don't push myself that much unless I'm in a class... so I should probably go to more! I've been really wanting to try Zumba!

Jesus. Why is it that this goal always seems to get pushed to the back. I have been doing things to strengthen my relationship with God. I just know I could be doing much much better. One of my goals this time last year was to quiet my heart and spend more time with the Lord. I definitely think I did a good job of quieting my heart... but I probably found other things to fill it back up. I'll keep working on this one, hopefully I'll have a better report next year. I've always been very envious of those people that can get lost in the Word and just want more and more. This is more of a lifetime goal than a one year goal for me.

It's certainly been a year of ups and downs with lots of crazy twists and turns, both with work and my personal life. I'd like to think I'm stronger and wiser because of everything.

This pretty much sums us up as a couple.

2 comments:

Kris Hoskinson March 22, 2011 at 3:37 PM  

proud of you and the choices you have made! you are an amazing photographer!

Unknown March 23, 2011 at 6:30 PM  

You make me smile:)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP